NC Pre-Kindergarten is a readiness initiative that is proven to help four year olds gain basic skills needed for success in elementary school. Children who are four years of age before August 31, 2022 are eligible to apply for the 2022-2023 program, which is free to qualifying families. A high priority is placed on serving children who are “at-risk.” A child is considered to be “at-risk” if the child’s family is at or below 75% of the state median income level or if a disability has been identified. Enrollment is also open to students who have limited English proficiency, developmental differences, chronic health conditions, or a parent who is active service personnel.
NC Pre-K sites in Stanly County include:
- All Star Learning Center (New London)
- Endy Elementary School *(Albemarle)
- Kiddie Kare Day Care Center (Albemarle)
- Kiddie Kare Too (Albemarle)
- Little Friends Child Development Center (Albemarle)
- Love-N-Care II (Albemarle)
- Love-N-Care West (Albemarle)
- Oakboro Kids Club (Oakboro)
- Richfield Child Development Center (Richfield)
Parents interested in applying for the 2022-2023 NC Pre-K program can download and print the following:
or contact 704-985-1666 ext. 239 for more information.
Funding Source: NC Pre-Kindergarten Program
Public Meeting Announcement
Stanly County Partnership for Children (Smart Start) will host a meeting of the FY 2020-21 Stanly County Planning/Advisory Committee for North Carolina Pre-Kindergarten Program (NC Pre-K) on: